Level 100: Cost and Usage Governance
This hands-on lab will guide you through the steps to implement cost and usage governance. The skills you learn will help you control your cost and usage in alignment with your business requirements.
- Implement AWS Budgets to notify on usage and spend
- Create an AWS Budget report to notify users every week on budget status
- An AWS Account
- AWS Account Setup has been completed
- Access to the Cost Optimization team created in AWS Account Setup
- Less than $1 per month if the tear down is not performed
Time to complete
- The lab should take approximately 15 minutes to complete
Best Practice Checklist
- [ ] Create an AWS budget to notify on forecasted account cost
- [ ] Create an AWS budget to notify on actual cost of EC2
- [ ] Create an AWS budget to notify on Savings Plan (SP) Coverage
- [ ] Create a weekly AWS budget report
Licensed under the Apache 2.0 and MITnoAttr License.
Copyright 2019 Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. All Rights Reserved.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"). You may not use this file except in compliance with the License. A copy of the License is located at
or in the "license" file accompanying this file. This file is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.