Level 200: Pricing Models
In a highly dynamic cloud environment it can be challenging to forecast your usage. This hands-on lab will guide you through the steps to perform a Reserved Instance analysis, and make low risk, high return RI purchases at scale. The skills you learn will help you ensure your workloads utilize different pricing models in alignment with the AWS Well-Architected Framework.
- Perform a Reserved Instance analysis
- Filter and sort the recommendations
- An AWS Account
- Cost_and_Usage_Governance has been completed
- Log in as the Cost Optimization team, created in AWS Account Setup and modified in - Cost_and_Usage_Governance
- NOTE: There may be permission error messages during the lab, as the console may require additional privileges. These errors will not impact the lab, and we follow security best practices by implementing the minimum set of privileges required.
Best Practice Checklist
- [ ] Review RI Recommendations
- [ ] Sort and filter RI Recommendations across an account
- [ ] Prepare a final list of low risk, high return RI's based on usage patterns
Licensed under the Apache 2.0 and MITnoAttr License.
Copyright 2018 Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. All Rights Reserved.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"). You may not use this file except in compliance with the License. A copy of the License is located at
or in the "license" file accompanying this file. This file is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.