Level 200: Cost and Usage Analysis
- Nathan Besh, Cost Lead, Well-Architected
- Spencer Marley, Commercial Architect
If you wish to provide feedback on this lab, there is an error, or you want to make a suggestion, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This hands-on lab will guide you through the steps to setup a platform to analyze your cost and usage reports. The skills you learn will help you perform analysis on your cost and usage, in alignment with the AWS Well-Architected Framework.
- Setup an analysis platform for your cost and usage data
- Perform basic analysis of your cost and usage
- AWS Account Setup has been completed
- Have usage that is tagged (preferred, not mandatory)
- Log in as the Cost Optimization team, created in AWS Account Setup
- NOTE: There may be permission error messages during the lab, as the console may require additional privileges. These errors will not impact the lab, and we follow security best practices by implementing the minimum set of privileges required.
- Variable depending on bill size and analysis performed
- Approximately less than $5 for the supplied files and small accounts
Time to complete
- The lab should take approximately 20 minutes to complete